Important Upcoming Dates
- February 4 – Report Cards go home with students today.
- February 4 – Maine Youth Integrated Health Survey administered to students.
- February 6 – Faculty meeting in the GMS Library beginning at 2:30 pm. Agenda will be later in this memo.
- February 8 – School Dance sponsored by the 7th grade 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
- February 13 – Leadership Team meeting 2:30 in Melanie’s room.
- February 14 – NAEP Testing for 8th graders.
Jonathan Kozol on Tavis Smiley
Many of you asked to see the rest of this panel discussion that aired on C-SPAN on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I can only find one clip and it does not extend beyond what we already saw on Friday, but I will give you the link: http://www.c-spanvideo.org/clip/4310812. This is a very thought provoking discussion about how we give all of our children access to the American Dream and how we can overcome the challenges faced by those who are in difficult positions.
Reminder that we will be holding an extended Advisory period to administer the MYIHS. After the survey, we will follow a ohe-hour delay schedule. That means we will not have any SSR today.